BROOMFIELD, Colo., March 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Webroot, the Smarter Cybersecurity® company, announced double-digit year-over-year annual recurring revenue growth for the second quarter of its 2018 fiscal year, which ended December 31, 2017. This marks the sixteenth consecutive quarter of double-digit, year-over-year revenue growth for the company.
Webroot’s business segment grew by 31 percent, more than 5 times the 6 percent growth analyst firm Radicati tracks as the annual growth rate for business endpoint security solutions worldwide.
In the consumer segment, Webroot grew by 4 percent year over year, which according to Webroot’s calculations is 2.6 times the pace of worldwide security spending in the consumer security software segment. According to Gartner’s Forecast: Information Security, Worldwide, 2015-2021, 4Q17 Update report published February 2018 and authored by Ruggero Contu et al, that pace is estimated at 1.5 percent CAGR 2016-2021.
Key Q2 2018 Highlights:
- Webroot added nearly 1,000 managed service providers (MSPs) in Q2, bringing its total number of MSP partners to over 11,200.
- The company increased the number of businesses it protects by 20,000 this quarter. In total, Webroot protects more than 260,000 businesses worldwide.
- Webroot announced its new Security Awareness Training platform, which MSPs use to help clients reduce security risks through end-user training and phishing simulation. The solution is purpose built for MSPs, allowing them to deploy high quality content, easily, through the same console used to manage their other Webroot solutions.
- Following a year of enhancements, Webroot deployed Threat Hunting for BrightCloud Web Classification and Reputation in December 2017. Since the deployment, Webroot significantly increased its malicious URL coverage and is continuing to add hundreds of thousands of new malicious URLs daily. These results are another validation point for leveraging sophisticated machine learning on a massive scale to dramatically improve security for Webroot’s endpoint and embedded technology partners.
- Webroot signed six new embedded security partner contracts in Q2 including CloudPost and Dojo.
- Webroot announced its partnership with Centripetal Networks. The company will utilize Webroot’s BrightCloud IP Reputation Service to dynamically update its real-time, correlated threat intelligence feed every few minutes to drastically reduce the time to threat detection and intelligence-powered prevention.
- Pulseway, the leading provider of mobile-first, cloud-first remote monitoring and management (RMM) software, announced an integration with Webroot which gives Pulseway customers more choice to remotely manage endpoint security across their entire network.
Cybersecurity Research Findings
- Webroot revealed the 10 nastiest ransomware attacks to hit within the past year. NotPetya was the most destructive ransomware of 2017, followed closely by WannaCry and Locky.
- Webroot conducted a global survey, “Game Changers: AI and Machine Learning in Cybersecurity” that revealed that 95 percent of IT security professionals say machine learning is a critical component in a cybersecurity strategy. The survey also found that U.S. is an early adopter of AI for cybersecurity, and 87 percent of U.S. cybersecurity professionals report their organizations are currently using AI as part of their cybersecurity strategy.
- Webroot was recognized as a “Trail Blazer” in the Radicati Group’s Endpoint Security Market Quadrant Report, 2017. The report analyzed leading endpoint security solutions. It recognized Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection for offering advanced best-of-breed technology.
- Webroot won the MRG Effitas Online Banking/Browser Security award for the third year in a row. Webroot’s SecureAnywhere product was one of only three solutions to receive this award, which evaluates the reliability and efficiency of solutions to protect financial services companies.
Mike Potts, CEO of Webroot
“Our four years of consecutive double-digit growth highlight the demand for our solutions as businesses and consumers face an increasingly complex landscape of cybersecurity threats. Our momentum further validates that Webroot has the most sophisticated threat intelligence engine in the industry, integrated with leading technology partners. We look forward to working with our customers, partners, and the community to build on this success as we accelerate our business.”
Webroot was the first to harness the cloud and artificial intelligence to protect businesses and individuals against cyber threats. We provide the number one security solution for managed service providers and small businesses, who rely on Webroot for endpoint protection, network protection, and security awareness training. Webroot BrightCloud® Threat Intelligence Services are used by market leading companies like Cisco, F5 Networks, Citrix, Aruba, Palo Alto Networks, A10 Networks, and more. Leveraging the power of machine learning to protect millions of businesses and individuals, Webroot secures the connected world. Headquartered in Colorado, Webroot operates globally across North America, Europe, and Asia. Discover Smarter Cybersecurity® solutions at webroot.com.
©2018 Webroot Inc. All rights reserved. Webroot, SecureAnywhere, Webroot SecureAnywhere, Webroot BrightCloud, BrightCloud, and Smarter Cybersecurity are trademarks or registered trademarks of Webroot Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/webroot-drives-four-years-of-double-digit-revenue-growth-300606366.html