SANTA MONICA, Calif., Nov. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) Silicon Valley today announced its newest programming features for the 2017 event including workshops headlined by Amazon, a women in engineering panel and networking session, and product showcases from leading exhibitors in the field. ESC Silicon Valley takes place December 5-7, 2017, at the San Jose Convention Center. To register as press for ESC Silicon Valley, please visit: sanjose.am.ubm.com/Media.
“This year, we focused heavily on curating not only a robust lineup of technical content, but also facilitating networking opportunities and leveraging key leaders in the industry, like Amazon, to provide our attendees with a well-rounded experience,” said Suzanne Deffree, ESC Content Director. “We feel confident that the content of our conference and expo is unparalleled, and the addition of Amazon’s Smart Life Roadshow and the return of our women in engineering panel provide additional opportunities that will not be found at any other industry event.”
This year’s offerings and content highlights include:
- Amazon Workshops: As a featured exhibitor at ESC Silicon Valley, Amazon will be bringing its Smart Life Roadshow to the event, a rolling demo trailer outfitted with Intel and Amazon’s latest voice-forward technology, as well as smart tech from Sonos, ecobee, Logitech, and more. Amazon will also present three different sessions/hands-on workshops, including:
- Designing Far-Field Speech Processing Systems with Intel and Alexa Voice Service
- Build Alexa-Enabled Prototypes with the AVS Device SDK
- Integrate Alexa Into Your Product
- Women in Engineering panel & networking: Back by popular demand, ESC Silicon Valley will host its second annual Women in Engineering panel and networking session on Thursday, December 7 from 8:00am – 11:00am. The panel will examine professional opportunities for women in engineering and why women represent a fraction of electrical and mechanical engineers. During this panel, Kimberly Clavin, VP of Embedded Engineering, Loop; Sandra Larrabee, Senior Manager, Global Events, Rambus; Elizabeth Simon, Lead Hardware Engineer, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories; and Megan Wachs, Engineer, SiFive Inc., will discuss their first-hand experiences in the industry.
- Keynote Speakers: Technical repair expert Kyle Wiens, CEO of iFixit, will address right-to-repair laws as he takes the audience inside Apple’s brand-new iPhone X and dissects its never-before-seen augmented reality sensor on stage. On day two, Dr. Gunnar Newquist, a pioneer in the artificial intelligence world, will bring his background in neuroscience to a discussion about the implications and limitations of deep learning and the next revolution in AI.
- Exhibitor Product Showcases: Leading industry brands from Rohde & Schwarz and Teledyne LeCroy will be on-site demoing their products and answering questions about their technologies. Click here to see a full list of the exhibitors participating at ESC Silicon Valley.
- Sensors Zone: Advancements in sensor technologies are enabling engineers to push the boundaries in a variety of industries including bionics, wearables, digital health, consumer electronics, IoT, robotics, and defense. ESC Silicon Valley will spotlight sensors this year, with a guided tour of advanced sensing tech on the show floor, sensor-related presentations across the expo, and a dedicated sensors zone featuring leaders in the field like FUTEK Advanced Sensor Technology and Samtec Inc.
- IEEE Continuing Education Units: ESC Silicon Valley will offer continuing education units from the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) for all sessions attended, giving attendees the opportunity to work toward an official IEEE certificate. IEEE accreditation helps professionals stand out to employers, maintain engineering licenses, and meet training requirements.
ESC Silicon Valley is co-located with BIOMEDevice San Jose, which showcases advanced medical design technologies enhancing attendee experience and expanding their access to innovations in the medtech manufacturing industry. For a full conference overview, please visit: http://escsiliconvalley.com/conference
Register for ESC Silicon Valley:
To register as press for ESC Silicon Valley, please visit: sanjose.am.ubm.com/Media
To register for ESC Silicon Valley, please visit: sanjose/ConferencePass
Connect with ESC Silicon Valley: #ESCconf
About Advanced Manufacturing Expos & Conferences
UBM’s Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is the leading B-to-B event producer, publisher, and digital media business for the world’s $3 trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products deliver trusted information to the advanced manufacturing market and leverage our proprietary 1.3 million name database to connect suppliers with buyers and purchase influencers. We produce more than 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the globe. The Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is organized by UBM plc. UBM is the largest pure-play B2B Events organizer in the world. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors. Our deep knowledge and passion for these sectors allow us to create valuable experiences which enable our customers to succeed. Please visit www.ubm.com for the latest news and information about UBM.
SOURCE Advanced Manufacturing Expos & Conferences