SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 11, 2019 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — Girls in Tech, a non-profit organization focused on the empowerment, education, and entrepreneurship of women in technology, is excited to announce the 2019 Catalyst Conference series. The annual Catalyst Conference, a multi-day global event designed to help attendees get hired, gain tactical skills, learn how to navigate their careers with confidence, and meet role models, mentors, and new friends, will take place in London, Melbourne, and the organization’s home city of San Francisco.
“The seventh annual Catalyst Conference creates a meeting place, open to all, where attendees get amped about their career and the meet communities of people who can help them get where they want to go,” said Adriana Gascoigne, Founder and CEO of Girls in Tech. “This year, we’re especially excited to introduce a speed recruiting segment with companies looking to hire right away that are committed to diversity and a culture of support. Layer in the AMPLIFY Startup Pitch Competition for the first time ever which showcases up-and-coming women entrepreneurs in tech and we’re proud to say Catalyst supports women in tech full circle.”
Catalyst welcomes everyone and offers opportunities to software engineers, product marketers, human resources pros, investors, college students, data scientists, digital marketers, startup founders, and more.
The annual Girls in Tech Catalyst Conferences are centered around sparking ideas and innovation from inspiring women leaders worldwide. The Catalyst Conference’s gatherings in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia all feature dynamic keynote speakers, intimate fireside chats, inclusive panels, technical skill-building workshops, and community-building networking events.
Check out the Catalyst 2018 San Francisco Impact Report.
To view sample video of a previous Catalyst Conference, please watch: https://youtu.be/lWVV8VZVT9Q
Organizations interested in getting involved with Girls in Tech and the Catalyst Conference may visit: https://girlsintech.org/partnerships/
This two-day event will be held on June 19-20 at Bespoke in San Francisco, US.
For the first time, Catalyst Conference San Francisco will include the speed recruiting sessions with tech companies looking to hire right away that are committed to diversity and a culture of support. Catalyst San Francisco will also be layering in the Girls in Tech AMPLIFY Startup Pitch Competition where the 10 most cutting edge women-founded startups from around the world compete for seed funding and over $35,000 worth of resources. To support entrepreneurs, the conference will include new tracks for skill-building breakouts focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation.
Speakers for the San Francisco Catalyst include:
- Christine McKinley, host of Discovery Channel’s Decoded, and author of Physics For Rock Stars
- Robin Matlock – CMO, VMware
- Meera Bhatia – COO, Stella & Dot
- Guy Kawasaki – Chief Evangelist, Canva
- Danielle Feinberg – Director of Photography (Lighting), Pixar Animation Studios
- Kristin Robertson – VP & General Manager of Autonomous Systems, Boeing
- Jose Tolosa – Chief Transformation Officer, Viacom
- Tracy DiNunzio – Founder & CEO, Tradesy
- Sally Gilligan – CIO, Gap Inc.
- Pamela Rice – CEO and Founder of Venus Content Verification/former Head of Technology Commercialization, Capital One
- Dara Treseder – former Chief Marketing Officer, GE Ventures; CMO, Carbon
- Rosanna Myers – Co-Founder & CEO, Carbon Robotics
- Pilar Manchón – VP of Artificial Intelligence, Roku
- Katie Dill – VP of Design, Lyft
- Jody Davids – SVP and Global CIO, PepsiCo
- Donna Boyer, VP of Product at Stitch Fix
- Erica Kochi, Co-Founder of UNICEF Innovation
- Gail Frederick, VP of Developer Ecosystem, eBay
- Jackie Bavaro, Head of Product Management at Asana
- Blair Shane, Partner and CMO at Sequoia Capital
- Lu Zhang, Founder and Managing Partner at Fusion Fund
- Stacey Bishop, Partner at Scale Venture Partners
- Kristina Simmons, Chief of Staff at Khosla Ventures
- Betty Liu, Executive Vice Chairman at New York Stock Exchange
Please find more information or register to attend here.
Sponsors for the Girls in Tech Catalyst Conference San Francisco include: Checkr, Cisco, GAP Inc., and more.
This conference will take place on September 4 at The Brewery in London, UK.
A full list of speakers from leading STEM companies will be announced in March 2019. The speakers confirmed thus far are:
- Denise Law, Head of Product at The Economist
- Angie Ma, COO at Faculty (formerly ASI Data Science)
- Christine Foster, Managing Director for Innovation at The Alan Turing Institute
To be notified when tickets become available, please sign-up to receive the newsletter here.
Sponsors for the Girls in Tech Catalyst Conference London include: AVEVA, Cisco and GoDaddy.
This two-day event is slated for May 15-16 in Melbourne, Australia. Speakers will be announced in March 2019. Please find more information or register to attend here.
LaunchVic is the generous title sponsor for the Girls in Tech Catalyst Conference Melbourne.
SOURCE Girls in Tech